Text as written:
IF YOU WONT TO YOU CAN GO TO A CLUB WE OR HVEN TO NIT/ THE CLUB IS NOW THIS CLUB IS ABOWT CHAGEEN THE THIINGS THAT MAC PEEPOS LIVS HRD CIDS ONLY
Text, translated & punctuated:
If you want to, you can go to a club we are having tonight. The club is now. This club is about changing the things that make people’s lives hard. Kids only.
Utterly unprompted, needless to say.
I overheard their first round of brainstorms, which entailed the suggestion that people not drive three days a week, in an attempt to “help save the planet.” Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were proposed, which seems quite practical. I’m gonna have to concentrate grocery runs on Tuesdays or Thursdays, of course, ’til they finish constructing that Trader Joe’s a sweet little bike ride from here. Â Also, I’m going to have to wake up a HAIR earlier on M, W, and F if I’m going to get her and her carpool neighbor chum to school by 8am. In the behind-the-bike chariot. What with me and my hamburgeriness and us being juuuuust close enough to miss out on the bus service.
Not thrilled that help save the planet is already part of her natural, everyday vocabulary. Even if the challenge to do so is on my mind daily. Am thrilled, however, that we have a mind and a will like hers on the job.
For me personally, basically two ways: kid #1 and kid #2, seen above doing collaborative improv music-making this morning before elder of the kids went off to preschool. Â In a kid-carrier pulled behind a bike. Â We’re trying. Â
Basically, I worry a ton more about the planet’s condition when they reach adulthood than I do about their family being legally recognized and socially understood. Â Which says a lot, since I worry, fret, and try to do something daily to get their family legally recognized and socially understood.
Truly, one of the things that irks me the most about all social injustice, everywhere, is that the waging of it, which of course then necessitates the dismantling of it, all redirects vital energy from the very, very pressing matter of keeping the frickin’ planet from collapse in another generation.
So we’re forced to multi-task, while the clock is ticking on the planet. Loudly.
[The relationship between social inequity and environmental degradation, by the way, is a big fatÂ Â given.]
- Brandon@TiredOfWorking: Nice photo and this has to be one of the more inte...
- Sammy Be: Hey! I met you at mom 2.0. (Ukulele) You're so ri...
- Tarja: Polly! Hey, it's Tarja from LTYM! Been meaning ...
- Lynda M O: Seems like it's right roll-y for some others clos...
- Lesbian Dad: Agreed: so many fantastic images come when you giv...
- Whose shoes is whose? Or, find the lesbian! June 5, 2007
- If ever there was a time to step up, it’s now September 11, 2008
- We get what we get March 11, 2009
- The turkey baster has no clothes June 13, 2007
- I highly recommend the venue July 14, 2008
- From our kids to your families, OK and beyond May 21, 2013
- Weekend bonus shot, 05.12.13 May 13, 2013
- Weekend bonus shot, 04.28.13 April 28, 2013
- Face as canvas April 26, 2013
- A cookie story in four parts April 25, 2013
- 20 questions
- A month o' photos
- Anima animus
- Baba familias
- Blogging for LGBT Families Day
- Ersatz haiku
- From the vault
- Go hetero ally go!
- Kid lit
- LesFam snippet
- Mostly a picture
- Moving pictures
- Nomenclature & taxonomy
- Nonsense fun
- On marriage and commitment
- Re: the bairn
- Re: the lil' monkey
- Re: the lil' peanut
- School work
- Ten lists of ten
- Two kinds o' people
- Visual aids
- Weekend bonus shot
Most Recent Tweets
Follow @LesbianDad on Twitter